Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Salsa Dance Research Project

I AM OFFICIALLY STARTING MY VERY FIRST BLOG!

I am creating this blog to update interested people on the progress of my salsa dance research project. My project is funded by the University of South Carolina Honor's College through the Apprentice Exploration Scholarship. My project aims to...

"expand my personal dance repetoire, create an outlet for people in Columbia to learn and enjoy salsa, shed positive light on and increase exposure to the Latino population in the U.S., and finally, to practice starting my own dance company on a small-scale."

The project will...

"allow me to develop my own Latino dance skills as well as teach me how to establish a venue that is financially sound and sustainable through interviewing existing studios and clubs."

Before starting this blog, I had been keeping a journal for my own records. I will post my previous journal entries and continue posting throughout the remainder of my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment