Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 9, 2009

Tonight Corey and I went to the Mad Frog in Cincinnati for salsa night. We got there at 8 PM for the free lesson and stayed all night! Corey was nervous because of his lack of salsa skills, but he learned very quickly. We practiced in the back corner and I went over the basics with him. He was a great partner – willing to learn, enthusiastic, and generous. Pretty much every other song he let me dance with someone else, which was nice since I learn more when my partner is better than me. I danced with a middle-aged guy who was very excited but a beginner like myself, the older man who is INCREDIBLE, and this middle eastern guy who put a little bit of hip hop into his cha cha, which was very cool. Note to self: don’t wear my black silhouettes with the bows on them ever again! My feet were killing me so I had to sit out a lot. However, it was great to just observe everyone. There are so many people at Mad Frog, not to mention its packed after 10 PM. Corey went on and on about how cool the atmosphere was, especially since it has every kind of dancer: completely new to professional. He said I have to make him practice at least once a week because he wants to get better. I’m so excited! I really need to interview the people at Mad Frog to see how they did it. One factor is the live band, I’m sure. Live music is great to experience, even if you don’t dance. Also, a free lesson before hand and the excellent location in Clifton probably helps too. Here’s the contact info for Mad Frog:

Mad Frog * 513-784-9119 * www.themadfrog.net

No comments:

Post a Comment