Thursday, April 9, 2009

Today I was supposed to help Robert with another beginner salsa lesson, but I set my alarm for 8:30 PM instead of AM! Ah! I woke up at 9:10 and called him immediately to say there was no way I could get ready for class, get my car at Bates, AND make it to Capital Ballroom on time. I think he was pretty upset, but he said he understood. I felt so bad! Next time he needs me I'll be there for sure.

During my break from classes I went to the honor's college to see about reserving a spot on Greene St. Michelle and I had planned on the Wed during exam week, but apparently you can't have activities in front of Russell House during exams. I decided to change the date to Tues April 21. I do not have management that day, so I will leave Shakespeare a little early (around 12:05), go to Greene Street to set up my table, banner, fliers, and amplifier, and then end my demo around 3:30 and go straight to Suzuki training.

Things I need to do before the demo:
1) email Christian Price in the honor's college my advertisement flier and have him print 100 color copies
2) finish my basic salsa information flier and have Christian print 100 copies
3) type up a Latino culture information flier and have Christian print 100 copies
4) make a banner to put on the front of my info table
5) get the amp from George and Corey's house
6) determine what music player I can use with the amp (iPod, CD player, or iPod player)
7) make salsa music playlist that lasts at least an hour (may have to download more music online)
8) upload salsa playlist
9) ask Robert, Tracy, and Ramon if any of them could help me teach during this time
10) ask my friends want to hand out fliers for $10/hour during the demo
11) hang up fliers all around campus and Columbia

I'M SO EXCITED! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER!

Hopefully all goes as planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment