Sunday, April 11, 2010

One of our travels involved going to Puerto Viejo in Costa Rica. This quaint Rasta town is located in the South of Costa Rica on the Carribean side. It is right on the beach, has wonderful snorkeling, and is home to the famous hammock hotel "Rocking J's." While in Puerto Viejo (for my second time!) a bunch of the girls and I went to salsa night at a local bar. The bar is run by Liam, a singer and entrepreneur from the UK, and has salsa night every Sunday. The band was a great mix of classic salsa music and Carribean. Jocelyn and I danced with this tall Tico named Elvis several times. Elvis was a great dancer, and VERY energetic. I have no idea how he moved his hips so much and so fast! We danced so much that by the end of the song we were too sweaty to keep holding hands. It had been awhile since I'd danced at a bar or club, so I had a blast. Jocelyn looked great as well. She's had a lot of dance experience in her past and is a natural. I think we would have made people from the States proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment